Anal fistula is an abnormal tunnel that starts from the anal canal and ends in the skin near to the anus.
- This is a very rare condition that is seen only in very few people in India.
- This canal is mostly infected, i.e it is filled with abscess(collection of puss surrounded by an inflamed tissue).
- This puss is formed as a result of a bacteria or faecal matter clogging the anal canal.
- Most fistulas are tube like structures.
- This infection in the anal canal is caused when the glands inside the anus gets tangled.
- As a result of this a person can experience swelling and immense pain in the anus.
- This is a serious condition as it won’t heal on its own.
- If the abscess is not taken care of immediately, it grows repeatedly.